After some serious inspiration from the nails that came down the runways last month, I decided to try my hand at stepping up my usual manicure.
My interest was first piqued by reverse french manicures, and only intensified after seeing ombre, and metallic manicures. So, when I found myself with a free afternoon, I decided to attempt to put my own spin on a fun fall mani. Wanna know how to do it yourself? Here’s how:
- Apply a full coat of polish in a light color of your choosing
- Take a small piece of tape, and cut one side into a point (then do it 9 more times) :)
- Apply the tape- point side up- onto the base of the nail
- Paint over the nail with a second, darker color and allow to dry.
- Once dry (or dry-ish) remove tape, and finish with a clear top coat to even out the layers of polish
- Enjoy the compliments!
Polishes used: Vamp from Chanel and Cotton Candy from Orly